Farberware EdgeKeeper Paring Knife, 3.5-Inch, Stainless Steel
- EDGEKEEPER TECHNOLOGY: Farberware Edgekeeper Knives feature a sheath with innovated technology that is designed to automatically sharpen the blade with each use. Never worry about a dull blade before use
- SELF SHARPENING: The EdgeKeeper protective sheath contains a built-in mechanism that hones the blade before and after each use, maintaining a blade's razor-sharp edge. The built in self-sharpening technology guarantees a sharp blade for each use
- HIGH-QUALITY BLADE: The blade is made from high-carbon steel that lends strength, sharpness, and durability and will resist rust
- COMFORT GRIP: This knife offers an ergonomically designed handle for exceptional comfort and durability while using. Never worry about discomfort when using.
- EASY CARE: Hand wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately; wipe protective, self-sharpening sheath as needed with a damp cloth.
High Carbon Steel
High-carbon steel has at least 0.8 percent of carbon present and Ultra-high carbon knives have a carbon range of 1.25 to 2 percent.
The higher levels of carbon create a unique cutting experience and advantages but also requires more care and maintenance.
The higher levels of carbon create a blade that is harder when compared with stainless steel. The blade is not only harder, but it is also more receptive to sharpening, so you can work with a razor-sharp edge every time.
Because there is very little chromium, which assists with rust and corrosion protection this leaves carbon steel at a disadvantage when it comes to showing wear and tear. If you practice diligent maintenance and care, then you can keep your exceptionally sharp blade looking beautiful too. Immediately after use, wash and most important, dry the scissors or knife.
Before putting away you may also rub oil to prevent oxidation and it will help the blade develop its protective patina layer.