- Pastry Brush, 7.75 x 1.5"/4cm, silicone.
- Gaps in center bristles hold liquids for ample spreading.
- Tapered outer bristles glide gently over pastries.
- Heat resistant silicone to 600°F.
- Angled head keeps bristles off countertop.
- Bristles will not scorch when greasing a hot pan.
- Easy to clean and odor resistant.
- Soft, comfortable grip.
- Dishwasher safe.
Silicone has a chemical inertness that makes it resistance to water and oxidation and stabile at both high and low temperatures.
A non-toxic material, food safe and FDA approved, it can be used where contact with food is required. Silicone is widely used in cookware, particularly bakeware and kitchen utensils. Silicone is used as an insulator in heat-resistant potholders and similar items; and silicone oven mitts can withstand temperatures up to 260 °C (500 °F), making it possible to reach into boiling water and is also microwave and dish washer safe.
Other products include molds for chocolate, ice, cookies, muffins, and various other foods; non-stick bakeware and reusable mats used on baking sheets; steamers, egg boilers or poachers; cookware lids, potholders, trivets and kitchen mats.